Thursday, April 9, 2009

40-Day Series: Thank You Lori Ames

Lori and I love the MU tigers, love Springfield, MO and love golf. We had an instant connection when we met (which happened to be during a business interview). Our team had all intentions of hiring someone else and then we met her and changed our mind. She had this aura of confidence, calm and intelligence.

Little did I know during that interview just how much fun Lori was going to be. We shared college stories, happy hour stories and made new stories of our own. Lori wasn't just a good time, she was a true friend and confidant. She helped me get through political turmoil, new bosses, and adjust to jobs I thought were over my head. She would stop me cold when I was whining, tell me to get over it and jump back in the fight. She could challenge me like none other and I didn't want to disappoint.

Lori is one of the most courageous people I know. She manages personal challenges that requires the strongest of faith and intestinal fortitude. She knows who she is, gets stronger every day and is full of love, love, and love. We have many great memories that I reflect on often. A born leader, true professional and amazing friend, that's my Lori.

Golden Nugget: Trust someone to catch you when you fall, they'll push you back up.

Be who you are and learn to be better,
Lisa

No comments: